TRANSFORMED is a seven session Campaign that will guide and grow our church by exploring what the Bible has to say about every essential area of our lives: Spiritual, Physical, Mental, Emotional, Relational, Financial and Vocational.
The world is shouting for our attention with answers to our relationship struggles, solutions to our financial trouble, and explanations to our search for meaning. But the world’s promises leave us empty and searching for more. God’s will is the only answer that promises to TRANSFORM our lives from the inside out.
In this session, we listen to Rick Warren teach on 7 habits that will improve our Spiritual Health.
- What seems to get in the way of your spiritual growth?
- In the video you learned about the importance of a daily time with God. How do you have a daily time with God? What is your normal routine? What typically interferes with you time with God?
- Why is being in a home group and serving others so important to your spiritual growth? What can you lean through relationships that you can’t learn on your own?
In the video Pastor Rick said, “Spiritual growth is not automatic. It is a choice.” In what ways have you chosen to grow spiritually? What has been the most effective in helping you grow?
- In this session we discussed the seven habits that help us grow spiritually. Which of these habits do you need to work on most? What is one thing that you can do to begin to make the habit a reality in your daily life in the next three months? Talk about this with your group and share ideas with each other. Settle on one thing you will do. You may like a three-month goal to grow in this area of spiritual health.
One way we can show our love for one another is by committing to pray for one another. Take some time as a group to share your prayer requests. You may like to record the requests so we can watch to see how God answers them.
Mon: “But the man looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.” JAMES 1:25 (NIV) Have a gr8 week guys/ladies.
Wed: “If you have love for one another, then everyone will know that you are my disciples.” JOHN 13:35 (TEV) If there is anything I can pray for plz let me know.
Fri: “Take the teachings that you heard me proclaim in the presence of many witnesses, and entrust them to reliable people, who will be able to teach others also. 2 TIMOTHY 2:2 (TEV) Njoy t Wkend. C u Sun.
Mon: “Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this… you must love the Lord your God with all your heart [passionately], all your soul [wilfully], all your mind [thoughtfully], and all your strength [practically – live like you love him].’ MARK 12:29-30 (NLT) Have a gr8 week guys/ladies.
Wed: If there is anything I can pray for plz let me know. “Blessed is the man…[whose] delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leave does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. PSALM 1:1-3 (NIV)
Fri: Njoy the wkend. C u Sun.
In this session, we learn the importance of Physical Health.
- The Bible says that your body is God’s property and that you are the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. How does that affect the way you see yourself? What do you think you will do differently knowing this fact?
- God expects you to manage your body. Why is that so important to God?
- What does it look like to manage your body? How good of a manager do you think you are?
Why do you think most Christians tend to put more emphasis on their spirit or mind as opposed to taking care of their bodies?
- Where do you want to be three months from now with your physical health? What is one thing you will do to take step in that direction? Not one thing you could do, or might do, but one thing you will do. We know that goals that are not expressed are very rarely met, so share your goal with one other person in your group. Write your physical health goal in the Bible App.
Spend some time praying for the prayer requests you have been sharing with one another. You may want to focus on some of the physical challenges or goals you have set in your study this week.
Mon: “You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body”. 1 CORINTHIANS 6:19-‐20 (NIV) Have a gr8 week guys/ladies.
Fri: “I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God. This is your spiritual act of worship.” ROMANS 12:1 (NIV) Njoy t Wkend. C u Sun.
Mon: “For we are the temple of the living God”. 2 CORINTHIANS 6:16 (NIV) Have a gr8 week guys/ladies.
Fri: Njoy the wkend. C u Sun. We’re talking about Family