Follow part 3 – Introduction
Everyone is invited to follow Jesus. Being a sinner doesn’t disqualify you. Being a doubter doesn’t disqualify you. The goal of following Jesus is a faith that overcomes our fear of the future or our current circumstances. It’s a faith that gives us peace.
But what do people who follow Jesus look like? What do they wear?
Listen to Message
- What’s your favorite sports team? To what extremes have you gone to show your support for your team?
- When you think of the word “Christian,” what qualities come to mind? Are they positive or negative? Why?
- Talk about a time when you encountered a Christian who was more interested in making a point than making a difference. How did that person affect the way you viewed Jesus?
- In the message, Antwan said, “All religions gravitate toward rule keeping instead of relationship building.” Do you agree with that statement? Why or why not?
- Read Colossians 3:12–14. What are some of the challenges to living the kind of life Jesus calls his followers to live?
- Think of one person in your life who is difficult to love. What is one thing you can do this week to better love that person? What can this group do to support you?
Following Jesus means clothing yourself in patience, gentleness, kindness, compassion, humility, forgiveness, and love. That kind of faith is powerful. It’s the kind of faith that makes a difference instead of just making a point. Imagine how that kind of faith would change people’s perceptions of the church. Imagine how it would change communities . . . nations . . . the world.
Changing Your Mind
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Share this Post